2019 State Physician Workforce Data Report
|Year Published: 2019|
- Quick Download (will not put the PDF into your My Downloadable Products folder)
- 2019 State Physician Workforce Data Report
This comprehensive State Physician Workforce Data Report, published every other year, offers state-specific data about active physicians and physicians in training. A series of figures, tables, and maps provide detailed statistics on active physicians, MD and DO students, residents, and fellows.
Designed for program directors, medical school leadership, policymakers, and physicians.
OVERVIEW AND BENEFITS
The 2019 State Physician Workforce Data Report examines current physician supply, undergraduate medical education (UME) students, and graduate medical education (GME) residents and fellows in the United States.
The report provides the most current data available for each of the 50 U.S. states, the District of Columbia (D.C.), and Puerto Rico in a series of maps, figures, and tables, including the U.S. average (excluding Puerto Rico), state median (excluding D.C. and Puerto Rico), and state rank.
Additionally, this edition includes a summary table that compares the state median for each physician workforce measure in 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, and 2018.
Readers will find data in four categories:
- Physician Supply includes data on active physicians in each state, including physician-to-population ratios, percentage who are female, age distribution, and school type.
- Undergraduate Medical Education provides information on enrollment at both MD-granting and DO-granting schools, as well as data on in-state matriculation.
- Graduate Medical Education presents data on physicians in residency and fellowship positions in each state, including physician-to-population ratios and medical school type.
- Retention presents data on states’ retention of the physicians they educate in MD- or DO-granting schools and GME programs.
In addition, readers may download state-specific summary data and state specialty breakdowns for each state at www.aamc.org/state-physician.
To download this publication as a PDF, either click the download link above or click “add to cart” and complete the checkout process to obtain the download link.
TERMS OF SALE
This publication was developed by the AAMC to advance medical education. It is provided to the medical community at no cost for that purpose.
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions for information about our policies and processes.
The AAMC respects your privacy. Please review our privacy statement, which governs our use of any information you provide to us.
If you have questions about the AAMC Store or your purchase, please contact the AAMC Store. Representatives typically respond within two business days.
|Number of Pages: 78||Year Published: 2019|