AAMC Medical School Enrollment Survey: 2020 Results
|Year Published: 2021|
- Quick Download (will not put the PDF into your My Downloadable Products folder)
- AAMC Medical School Enrollment Survey: 2020 Results
This report is based on the 17th annual AAMC Survey of Medical School Enrollment Plans. It analyzes feedback from deans at U.S. MD granting medical schools to project first-year medical school enrollment through the year 2028. The goal is to inform the academic medicine community, researchers, and policymakers about trends and issues related to U.S. medical school enrollment.
Designed for deans, researchers, policymakers, and the academic medicine community.
OVERVIEW AND BENEFITS
This report examines first-year medical school matriculants over the past decade and projects first-year matriculants through 2028. Together with related data, the report enables academic medicine leaders to launch impactful and far-reaching dialogue around issues that affect health care. Based on results from the 17th annual AAMC Survey of Medical School Enrollment Plans, this report presents detailed findings such as the following:
- U.S. medical school enrollment has grown 35% since academic year 2002-2003; the 30% growth target continues to be surpassed.
- Concern about the availability of graduate medical education opportunities at state and national levels continues to decrease but remains at more than 30% of schools.
- MD-granting schools implemented accommodations for students in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Schools continue to implement strategies to recruit students from diverse backgrounds.
- Enrollment increases at DO-granting schools continue.
Reports from prior years are also available.
To download this publication as a PDF, either click the download link above or click “add to cart” and complete the checkout process to obtain the download link.
This product is currently not available in other formats.
TERMS OF SALE
This publication was developed by the AAMC to advance medical education. It is provided to the medical community at no cost for that purpose.
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions for information about our policies and processes.
The AAMC respects your privacy. Please review our privacy statement, which governs our use of any information you provide to us.
If you have questions about the AAMC Store or your purchase, please contact the AAMC Store. Representatives typically respond within one business day.
|Number of Pages: 23||Year Published: 2021|