Academic CME/CPD in the United States and Canada: Results of the 2018 AAMC-SACME Harrison Survey
- Quick Download (will not put the PDF into your My Downloadable Products folder)
- Academic CME/CPD in the United States and Canada: Results of the 2018 AAMC-SACME Harrison Survey
This report guides the placement and alignment of Continuing Medical Education/Professional Development (CME/CPD) units within an academic medical center (AMC) based on responses from 118 U.S. and Canadian CME/CPD office personnel.
Designed for academic medical center (AMC) leaders and staff and leadership interested in continuing medical education and continuing professional development (CME/CPD).
OVERVIEW AND BENEFITS
The CME/CPD unit is a critical element of a well-run AMC because it supports faculty development and satisfaction and helps ensure highly competent medical care. Below are highlights from the report, which reflects responses from units at 118 medical schools.
- Nearly all academic CME/CPD units (84%) reported developing educational curricula and 39% were engaging in the institutions’ strategic planning.
- More than 75% of academic CME/CPD units interact with staff from residency education, faculty development, allied health professional programs, simulation center, and quality improvement/patient safety.
- More than 50% of the respondents supported the development of faculty in areas of program evaluation, maintenance of certification, instructional methodology, learner assessment methods, and curriculum design.
- Slightly over half of the academic CME/CPD units (52%) have access to quality improvement/patient safety data, and the majority of those units use this data to drive CME/CPD programming and interventions.
To download this publication as a PDF, either click the download link above or click “add to cart” and complete the checkout process to obtain the download link.
You can also purchase this product through Amazon as a printed publication that will be shipped to an address you specify.
TERMS OF SALE
This publication was developed by the AAMC to advance medical education. It is provided to the medical community at no cost for that purpose.
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions for information about our policies and processes.
The AAMC respects your privacy. Please review our privacy statement, which governs our use of any information you provide to us.
If you have questions about the AAMC Store or your purchase, please contact the AAMC Store. Representatives typically respond within two business days.
|Number of Pages||32|