Academic Medicine Investment in Medical Research: Summary and Technical Reports
- Quick Download (will not put the PDF into your My Downloadable Products folder)
- Academic Medicine Investment in Medical Research: Summary and Technical Reports
Given the challenges in receiving sufficient federal funding for medical research, many academic medical centers (AMCs) have had to self-fund portions of their research. This report highlights the results of a survey of AMCs regarding strategies for funding medical research.
Designed for leaders at AMCs who seek to develop and improve funding strategies within their organizations.
OVERVIEW AND BENEFITS
Given the risk in federal funding, academic medical centers (AMCs) are increasingly subsidizing medical research to cover direct and indirect costs. The AAMC partnered with 12 pilot institutions and Huron Consulting Group to assess AMC strategies for funding medical research; 46 institutions responded.
Findings from the two selective reports include[CC1] :
Academic Medicine Investment in Medical Research (PDF) -- This eight-page white paper presents the overall findings including:
- An illustration of the substantial investments in research by academic medicine.
- Identification of the growing gap in funding that places medical research at risk with the absence of sustainable federal funding.
Academic Medicine Investment in Medical Research: Technical Report (PDF) -- This 24-page report provides:
- Metrics derived from the survey results stratified by public and private institutions.
- 25 additional metrics and graphs including frequency charts showing the survey results such as sponsored program expense by sponsor type.
To download this publication as a PDF, either click the download link above or click “add to cart” and complete the checkout process to obtain the download link.
This product is not presently available in alternative formats.
TERMS OF SALE
This publication was developed by the AAMC to advance medical education. It is provided to the medical community at no cost for that purpose.
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions for information about our policies and processes.
The AAMC respects your privacy. Please review our privacy statement, which governs our use of any information you provide to us.
If you have questions about the AAMC Store or your purchase, please contact the AAMC Store. Representatives typically respond within two business days.
|Number of Pages||N/A|