Career advisors outside of the United States and Canada who advise students or graduates of medical schools outside the United States and Canada who want to practice medicine in the United States.
Note: Some career advisors at medical schools outside the United States and Canada receive complimentary access to Careers in Medicine through their institution. Before purchasing a CiM subscription, please look for a CiM liaison at your institution by using the Find Your Liaison tool and, if there is one, ask them whether you have complimentary access to CiM.
OVERVIEW AND BENEFITS
The CiM website, updated regularly to ensure content is relevant and accurate, provides information and tools for medical students and graduates that includes:
- Information about and data for more than 135 specialties in the United States; including competitiveness and salary data, training and lifestyle information, patient profiles, and commonly encountered conditions.
- Day-in-the-life information for many specialties and practice settings in the United States.
- Career tests (i.e., assessments) designed for the U.S. medical field to help connect you to your preferred specialties and practice settings.
- Information and advice for successfully navigating the U.S. residency and match process.
- Guidance to support a smart residency application strategy, including interviewing tips and advice for optimizing your rank order list.
Website content available only to career advisors includes:
- Advising checklists for each year of medical school and for specific, yet common situations.
- Workshop templates to deliver sessions addressing topics across the specialty choice and residency application and match processes.
- User activity reports to track advisees’ engagement with the CiM website.
- And more!
Read more about the CiM program.
This product is accessible online using a device with secure access to the internet. Device software must meet the requirements listed below.
Web browser requirements (Windows & Mac):
- Google Chrome (recommended browser)*
*The vendors current version of the browser and up to two previous versions.
This service is accessible online through a secure AAMC website.
TERMS OF SALE
Refunds are not available for this product.
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions for information about our policies and processes.
We accept Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®, and Discover®.
The AAMC respects your privacy. Please review our privacy statement, which governs our use of any information you provide to us.
If you have questions about the AAMC Store or your purchase, please contact the AAMC Store Customer Service Team. Representatives typically respond within one business day.