Diversity and Inclusion in Academic Medicine: A Strategic Planning Guide (Print)
- Buy 2 for $47.50 each and save 5%
- Buy 26 for $37.50 each and save 25%
- Buy 201 for $30.00 each and save 40%
- Buy 500 for $22.50 each and save 55%
Does your institution need or require a special diversity and inclusion guide? This guide provides a roadmap that will not only help you to comply with Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) diversity standards, but also paves the way for developing and sustaining a climate and culture of inclusion at your institution.
Produced by a multi-disciplinary team of experts, this guide provides a road map that will not only help readers comply with Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) diversity standards but also pave the way for developing and sustaining a climate and culture of inclusion at their institution.
Designed for diversity officers who want to make strategic planning more manageable and productive.
OVERVIEW AND BENEFITS
Part 1 of the guide provides nine essential tasks as a road map for strategic planning related to diversity and inclusion, plus key questions for thinking through each task. The online toolkit includes adaptable templates and examples of diversity strategic plans from medical schools around the country.
Part 2 identifies strategies to meet diversity and inclusion goals, tips for working with leadership, and the skills and competencies needed to succeed as a diversity officer.
- Readers can use this guide and the online toolkit to:
- Set objectives, identify tasks, and develop action steps.
- Receive institutional examples and templates for each step of the strategic planning process.
- Access tips to avoid missteps that could slow down progress.
- Learn why to include diversity and inclusion in strategic planning, including the case for excellence, accreditation, business, and legality.
- Establish clear communication and decision-making channels with stakeholders.
- Achieve support for the timeline to carry out a diversity initiative.
This second edition includes the latest Supreme Court rulings on diversity and education, updated information on the LCME diversity elements, and updated sections in Part 2. This edition also has an online toolkit that accompanies the nine essential tasks with directions, context, institutional examples, and resources for navigating the strategic planning process.
Click “add to cart” to purchase this project as a PDF, which you can download immediately.
Alternatively, you can purchase the print edition, which will be shipped to you.
TERMS OF SALE
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions for information about our refund policy and other important information.
We accept Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®, and Discover®.
The AAMC respects your privacy. Please review our privacy statement, which governs our use of any information you provide to us.
If you have questions about the AAMC Store or your purchase, please contact the AAMC Store Customer Service Team. Representatives typically respond within two business days.
|Number of Pages||64|