How Much Does Research Cost? Key Findings: AAHC Reports
|Year Published: 2014|
- Quick Download (will not put the PDF into your My Downloadable Products folder)
- How Much Does Research Cost? Key Findings: AAHC Reports
This report provides key insights into the cost of research, including:
- The proportion of medical schools’ expenses attributable to research.
- The relationship between medical schools’ external grants and contracts funding and total research expenditures.
- The proportion of research expenditures funded from internal institutional funds (not external sponsored research).
Note: In 2022, the Association of Academic Health Centers (renamed the Alliance of Academic Health Centers) and the Association of Academic Health Centers International merged into the AAMC, broadening the AAMC’s U.S. membership and expanding its reach to international academic health centers.
Designed for academic health center leaders and thought leaders.
OVERVIEW AND BENEFITS
The majority of research conducted by academic health centers occurs within medical schools. There is considerable confusion among policy-makers regarding the relative contribution of sponsored research – by government, industry and foundations – toward the total cost of research. This report was based on research designed to help academic health center leaders understand and share the cost of research. The report addresses:
- The proportion of medical schools’ expenses attributable to research
- The relationship between medical schools’ external grants and contracts funding and total research expenditures
- The proportion of research expenditures funded from internal institutional funds (not external sponsored research)
To download this publication as a PDF, either click the download link above or click “add to cart” and complete the checkout process to obtain the download link.
This product is currently not available in other formats.
TERMS OF SALE
This publication is provided at no cost by the AAMC to advance medical education.
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions for information about our policies and processes.
The AAMC respects your privacy. Please review our privacy statement, which governs our use of any information you provide to us.
If you have questions about the AAMC Store or your purchase, please contact the AAMC Store. Representatives typically respond within one business day.
|Number of Pages: 5||Year Published: 2014|