Promising Practices for Understanding and Addressing Salary Equity at U.S. Medical Schools
- Quick Download (will not put the PDF into your My Downloadable Products folder)
- Promising Practices for Understanding and Addressing Salary Equity at U.S. Medical Schools
How do you address salary equity within academic medicine? This report examines key components of salary equity, national compensation trends, and promising practices to begin local comprehensive efforts.
Designed for medical school department chairs, deans, associate deans, and other leaders interested in faculty and equity issues.
OVERVIEW AND BENEFITS
In this first analysis of national salary trends by gender, the AAMC shares research and experiences in conducting salary equity studies at the local level.
This publication discusses the key data findings, guides readers through how to examine salary equity at their institutions, and presents recommendations on what to consider when developing an effective strategy.
Main takeaways from the report include:
- Medical schools should conduct a local salary data analysis to begin development of a salary equity strategy.
- Median total compensation is greater for men than for women at almost every faculty rank, across most specialties.
- Looking at the work of other institutions can guide a medical school’s strategy for dealing with salary equity.
Click “add to cart” to purchase this product as a PDF, which you can download immediately.
TERMS OF SALE
This publication was developed by the AAMC to advance medical education. It is provided to the medical community at no cost for that purpose.
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions for information about our policies and processes.
The AAMC respects your privacy. Please review our privacy statement, which governs our use of any information you provide to us.
If you have questions about the AAMC Store or your purchase, please contact the AAMC Store. Representatives typically respond within two business days.