Designed for institutional leaders involved in the search and selection process, current and prospective medical school department chairs, deans and associate deans, and others who work with chairs.
OVERVIEW AND BENEFITS
Selecting the most qualified individual to be the department chair requires a customized, rigorous search. The critical nature of the position demands the person possess the skills, personality, and competencies to ignite the creativity and secure the commitment of faculty, students, residents, and peers. By identifying best practices and pitfalls to avoid, the best possible fit is most likely to be achieved.
Recruiting is core publication in the AAMC's Successful Medical School Department Chair Series and focuses on the process of identifying and attracting the most qualified individuals to serve as department chairs. Readers will:
- Gain insight into why search committees are evolving from representative-based to competency-based.
- Learn how to more effectively attract women and racial and ethnic minority candidates to leadership positions in academic medicine.
- Weigh the pros and cons of using search consultants.
- Discover what type of interview approach to use in different situations.
- Find how to successfully bring a new leader on board.
Click “add to cart” to purchase this project as a printed edition which would be shipped to the address you specify.
This product can also be purchased as an eBook. which can be downloaded immediately upon the completion of your purchase.
TERMS OF SALE
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions for information about our refund policy and other important information.
We accept Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®, and Discover®.
The AAMC respects your privacy. Please review our privacy statement, which governs our use of any information you provide to us.
If you have questions about the AAMC Store or your purchase, please contact the AAMC Store Customer Service Team. Representatives typically respond within two business days.