Results of the 2017 Medical School Enrollment Survey
- Quick Download (will not put the PDF into your My Downloadable Products folder)
- Results of the 2017 Medical School Enrollment Survey
This report analyzes feedback from deans at U.S. medical schools to project first-year medical school enrollment through the year 2025. Together with related data, the report enables academic medicine leaders to launch impactful and far-reaching dialog around issues that affect health care.
Designed for researchers, policymakers, and the academic medicine community.
OVERVIEW AND BENEFITS
This report analyzes feedback from deans at U.S. medical schools to project first-year medical school enrollment through the year 2025. Together with related data, the report enables academic medicine leaders to launch impactful and far-reaching dialogue around issues that affect health care.
Based on results of the 14th annual AAMC Survey of Medical School Enrollment Plans, this report presents detailed findings, including:
- Medical school enrollment has increased 29% since 2002-2003.
- Most schools are concerned about the availability of graduate medical education opportunities at the state (64%) and national (78%) level.
- The majority of schools are experiencing aggressive competition for clinical training sites from DO-granting schools and other health care professional programs.
- Almost all schools (99%) report they had—or were planning to have within two years—programs or policies to increase student body diversity.
- Enrollment at DO-granting schools has soared 163% since 2002 and continues to accelerate.
To download this publication as a .PDF, either click the download link above or click “add to cart” and complete the checkout process to obtain the download link.
This product is not presently available in alternative formats.
TERMS OF SALE
This publication was developed by the AAMC to advance medical education. It is provided to the medical community at no cost for that purpose.
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions for information about our policies and processes.
The AAMC respects your privacy. Please review our privacy statement, which governs our use of any information you provide to us.
If you have questions about the AAMC Store or your purchase, please contact the AAMC Store Customer Service Team. Representatives typically respond within two business days.
|Number of Pages||N/A|