State Physician Workforce Data Book 2015
|Year Published: 2015|
- Quick Download (will not put the PDF into your My Downloadable Products folder)
- State Physician Workforce Data Book 2015
A series of figures, tales, and maps provide detailed statistics on active physicians, medical and osteopathic students, as well as residents and fellow. It also provides summary data on key workforce measures over time (2008, 2010, 2012, and 2014).
Designed for researchers, policymakers, and the academic medicine community.
OVERVIEW AND BENEFITS
This data book offers a series of figures, tales, and maps that provide detailed statistics on active physicians, medical and osteopathic students, and residents and fellow. It also provides summary data on key workforce measures over time (2008, 2010, 2012, and 2014). This publication delivers valuable workforce insights, including:
- The states with the largest number of active physicians, primary care physicians, and general surgeons.
- Percentage of active physicians who are female, international medical graduates, or 60 years and older.
- The states with the highest medical and osteopathic student enrollment.
- Change in the number of students enrolled in MD- or DO-granting institutions over time.
- The states with the largest number of residents and fellows.
- Physicians in each state who completed undergraduate medical education or graduate medical education and remained in-state to practice.
Readers may download individual state profiles in PDF format at www.aamc.org/2015statedata. These profiles include state-specific summary data, additional specialty breakdowns for each state, information about where physicians in the state completed GME, and the current practice location of trainees who completed GME in the state.
To download this publication as a .PDF, either click the download link above or click “add to cart” and complete the checkout process to obtain the download link.
This product is not presently available in alternative formats.
TERMS OF SALE
This publication was developed by the AAMC to advance medical education. It is provided to the medical community at no cost for that purpose.
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions for information about our policies and processes.
The AAMC respects your privacy. Please review our privacy statement, which governs our use of any information you provide to us.
If you have questions about the AAMC Store or your purchase, please contact the AAMC Store Customer Service Team. Representatives typically respond within two business days.
|Number of Pages: 67||Year Published: 2015|