Designed for medical school applicants and aspiring medical school students.
OVERVIEW AND BENEFITS
Preview Medical School Admission Requirements™ (MSAR®)
Medical School Admission Requirements™ (MSAR®) includes detailed profiles for each MD-granting medical school in the U.S. and Canada*. MSAR‘s comprehensive profiles contain information and data from the AMCAS® application, MCAT ® exam and each medical school.
Basic medical school profiles are provided for free. A paid subscription includes:
- Applicant profile data from the MCAT exam and AMCAS
- GPA data for national accepted applicants, school-specific applicants, including a breakdown of in-state and out-of-state accepted applicants, and matriculants
- Relevant medical, volunteer, and/or research experience of accepted applicants
- Waitlist data and information
- Required and recommended premedical coursework
- Research opportunities
- MD/PhD and other combined degree programs
- Graduates' specialty choices
- Key application dates with calendar reminders
- Tuition and financial aid information
- The ability to enter your coursework and compare to each school’s requirements
- Option to save and rank your favorite schools
- And much more
NEW: Based on feedback from our applicants and subscribers the AAMC is now offering a two-year subscription to MSAR which enables users to access this important resource throughout their journey to medical school. There is also a one year subscription option for MSAR.
The 2019 edition offers new data and enhanced features including:
- The ability for subscribers to enter their overall GPA and total MCAT score and view their results on each school’s charts.
- Letter of Evaluation Preference explaining which letter types are preferred, accepted, and not accepted by each medical school.
- Applications Accepted where schools clarify their policies for accepting out-of-state and international students and explain additional admissions policies and procedures.
- Application Timeline, enabling schools to include details about their application protocols and dates.
- Expanded Canadian data provided to the AAMC from the Association of Faculties of Medicine of Canada (AFMC).
- Expanded Data, most charts display three years of data so users can toggle between all three years or compare them side by side.
- An updated favorites list that includes an option to indicate if students are “considering” or “applying” as well as the reason why.
Includes three additional medical schools (LCME-preliminarily accredited in 2019):
- Kaiser Permanente School of Medicine
- NYU Long Island School of Medicine
- TCU and UNTHSC School of Medicine
The AAMC partners with medical school admissions offices to update school profiles throughout the year to reflect any policy changes. Comprehensive updates are made annually.
Note: D.O. (Osteopathic Medical School) program information does not appear in MSAR. Canadian medical school information and data is provided directly, in entirety and voluntarily by each individual Canadian medical school. In some cases, information may not be applicable, available or provided.
MSAR is accessible online using a device with secure access to the internet. Device software must meet the requirements listed below:
Web browser requirements (Windows & Mac)
- Google Chrome (recommended browser)*
- Internet Explorer 10+
*The current version of the browser and up to two previous versions.
MSAR is accessible online through a secure AAMC website.
TERMS OF SALE
Your subscription is valid for TWO years for individual use only and is non-transferable and non-refundable.
We accept Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®, and Discover®.
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions for information about our policies and processes.
Terms and Conditions apply.
The AAMC respects your privacy. Please review our privacy statement, which governs our use of any information you provide to us.
If you have questions about the AAMC Store or your purchase, please contact the AAMC Store Customer Service Team. Representatives typically respond within two business days.