Designed for medical school applicants and aspiring medical school students.
OVERVIEW AND BENEFITS
Preview Medical School Admission Requirements™ (MSAR®)
Medical School Admission Requirements™ (MSAR®) includes detailed profiles for each MD-granting medical school in the U.S. and Canada*. MSAR's comprehensive profiles contain information and data from the AMCAS® application, MCAT® exam and each medical school.
Basic medical school profiles are provided for free. A paid subscription includes:
- Applicant profile data including MCAT exam scores, overall GPAs and science GPAs for accepted in-state and out-of-state applicants and matriculants on both the national and school-specific scale
- Relevant medical, volunteer, and/or research experience of accepted applicants
- Waitlist data and information
- Required and recommended premedical coursework
- Research opportunities
- MD/PhD and other combined degree programs
- Graduates' specialty choices
- Key application dates with calendar reminders
- Tuition and financial aid information
- Coursework and admission requirements’ comparison information
- Option to save and rank your favorite schools
- Four years of data for each school, and much more
NEW: Based on thoughtful feedback from our applicants and subscribers, the AAMC now offers a 2-year subscription to MSAR. This subscription provides aspiring medical students with extended access to complete, timely and trusted information from 172 MD-granting, LCME-accredited medical schools in the U.S. and Canada.
The AAMC continues to offer a 1-year subscription to MSAR.
The 2020 edition offers new data and information including:
From the American Medical College Application Service® (AMCAS®), self-reported by applicants:
- First Year Class Self-Reported Disadvantaged Status (chart)
- First Year Class from Medically Under-Served Areas (chart)
Academic and supporting information provided by individual medical schools:
- Additional assessments required by each medical school*
- Language of instruction*
- Additional Language Proficiency – First Year Class (chart) *
- Additional languages spoken by current medical students at each school*
- Support systems at each medical school for gender and sexual minority students
The AAMC partners with medical school admissions offices to update school profiles throughout the year to reflect any policy changes. Comprehensive updates are made annually.
Note: D.O. (Osteopathic Medical School) program information does not appear in MSAR. Canadian medical school information and data is provided directly, in entirety and voluntarily by each individual Canadian medical school. In some cases, information may not be applicable, available or provided.
MSAR is accessible online using a device with secure access to the internet. Device software must meet the requirements listed below:
Web browser requirements (Windows & Mac)
- Google Chrome (recommended browser)*
- Internet Explorer 10+
*The current version of the browser and up to two previous versions.
MSAR is accessible online through a secure AAMC website.
TERMS OF SALE
Your subscription is valid for TWO years for individual use only and is non-transferable and non-refundable.
We accept Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®, and Discover®.
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions for information about our policies and processes.
Terms and Conditions apply.
The AAMC respects your privacy. Please review our privacy statement, which governs our use of any information you provide to us.
If you have questions about the AAMC Store or your purchase, please contact the AAMC Store . Representatives typically respond within two business days.