The Role of the Chief Diversity Officer in Academic Health Centers (PDF)
|Year Published: 2012|
- Quick Download (will not put the PDF into your My Downloadable Products folder)
- The Role of the Chief Diversity Officer in Academic Health Centers (PDF)
What is the role of the Chief Diversity Officer—and how might other executives in leadership benefit from more knowledge of this role? A meeting of diversity experts in academic medicine in January 2012 produced key insights to help organizations better understand the methods for creating effective CDO roles for their healthcare organizations.
Designed for deans and CEOs focused on creating and facilitating the role of CDO in their institutions.
OVERVIEW AND BENEFITS
What is the role of the chief diversity officer (CDO)—and how might other executives in leadership benefit from more knowledge of this role? A meeting of diversity experts in academic medicine in January 2012 produced insights to help organizations better understand the methods for creating effective CDO roles for their healthcare organizations. This report sheds light on what a CDO should require and helps hospital and medical institution leadership better understand the challenges that necessitate having a CDO. Key findings from this report include:
- The CDO portfolio must be clearly defined, matched to experience, and effectively aligned with relevant offices and initiatives.
- For an effective leader, the CDO requires appropriate positioning, resources, and staff to influence the impact of the organization.
- The skills, background, and demonstrated competencies of the potential CDO must be commensurate with an executive-level change.
To download this publication as a .PDF, either click the download link above or click “add to cart” and complete the checkout process to obtain the download link.
This product is not presently available in alternative formats.
TERMS OF SALE
This publication was developed by the AAMC to advance medical education. It is provided to the medical community at no cost for that purpose.
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions for information about our policies and processes.
The AAMC respects your privacy. Please review our privacy statement, which governs our use of any information you provide to us.
If you have questions about the AAMC Store or your purchase, please contact the AAMC Store Customer Service Team. Representatives typically respond within two business days.
|Number of Pages: 24||Year Published: 2012|