Achieving Health Equity: How Academic Medicine is Addressing the Social Determinants of Health
- Quick Download (will not put the PDF into your My Downloadable Products folder)
- Achieving Health Equity: How Academic Medicine is Addressing the Social Determinants of Health
These 11 articles explore innovative ways that medical professionals and institutions provide exceptional clinical care while also addressing social equality factors.
Designed for advocates for social equality within an institution.
OVERVIEW AND BENEFITS
These 11 articles from the AAMC’s “Addressing Social Determinants of Health” series offers a snapshot of strategies launched by medical schools and teaching hospitals to narrow inequities and address social factors affecting community health.
The series explores innovative ways that academic medicine is addressing social factors in the communities where people are born, grow, work, and play.
Key findings include:
How an assistant clinical professor of medicine, and some medical students, at the University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine are leading efforts to create a therapeutic food pantry that will write prescriptions for healthy food.
- The benefits of relationships between academic medical centers and prison systems.
- Research spearheaded by the Veterans Administration on equity, disparities, and the social determinants of health.
- Examples of how some medical educators are inserting environmental content and field experiences in medical school training .
To download this publication as a PDF, either click the download link above or click “add to cart” and complete the checkout process to obtain the download link.
This product is not presently available in alternative formats.
TERMS OF SALE
This publication was developed by the AAMC as part of our efforts to advance medical education and is provided to the medical community at no cost for that purpose.
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions for information about our policies and processes.
The AAMC respects your privacy. Please review ourprivacy statement, which governs our use of any information you provide to us.
If you have questions about the AAMC Store or your purchase, please contact the AAMC Store. Representatives typically respond within two business days.
|Number of Pages||36|