Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Competencies Across the Learning Continuum
|Year Published: 2022|
- Quick Download (will not put the PDF into your My Downloadable Products folder)
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Competencies Across the Learning Continuum
These cross-continuum competencies help educators design and deliver curricula and related activities and help learners with their individual professional development in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Designed for faculty, medical education curricula developers, residents, medical school administration, Designated Institutional Officials (DIOs), clinical leaders at teaching hospitals, and others interested in undergraduate, graduate, and continuing medical education.
OVERVIEW AND BENEFITS
There have been many advancements in medical education over the past 20 years, including how outcomes such as competencies are defined and used to guide teaching and learning. To support this positive change, the AAMC launched the New and Emerging Areas in Medicine series.
This third report in the series focuses on competencies for diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). These cross-continuum competencies help educators design or adapt curricula and help educators and learners in their individual professional development and DEI journeys. The competencies are for use in:
- Engaging health care professionals in collaborative DEI discussions, including cross-continuum and cross-discipline colleagues.
- Conducting gap analyses of local curricula and training programs.
- Self-assessing and planning individual professional development.
- Developing curricular learning objectives.
- Developing assessment tools.
- Furthering research and scholarship in medical education and DEI.
- Guiding the strategic integration of DEI into the formal curricula and the clinical learning environment.
To download this publication as a PDF, either click the download link above or click “add to cart” and complete the checkout process to obtain the download link.
This product is currently not available in other formats.
TERMS OF SALE
This publication was developed by the AAMC to advance medical education. It is provided to the medical community at no cost for that purpose. This product can also be purchased from Amazon as a printed publication. Purchases from Amazon are subject to Amazon's Terms and Conditions.
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions for information about our policies and processes.
The AAMC respects your privacy. Please review our privacy statement, which governs our use of any information you provide to us.
If you have questions about the AAMC Store or your purchase, please contact the AAMC Store. Representatives typically respond within one business day.
|Edition: First||Number of Pages: 36||Year Published: 2022|