Learners and Physicians with Disabilities: Accessibility, Action, and Inclusion in Medical Education Executive Summary
- Quick Download (will not put the PDF into your My Downloadable Products folder)
- Learners and Physicians with Disabilities: Accessibility, Action, and Inclusion in Medical Education Executive Summary
Providing key access to persons with disability is essential in medical education. The AAMC and UC-San Francisco’s School of Medicine partnered on this report to draw conclusions and recommendations on the experiences of learners facing disabilities.
Designed for medical faculty, medical advisors, and administrations looking for recommendations to increase access for learners with disabilities.
OVERVIEW AND BENEFITS
Providing key access to people with disabilities is essential in medical education. The AAMC and UC-San Francisco’s School of Medicine partnered on this report to draw conclusions and offer recommendations on the experiences of learners facing disabilities, including how to infuse disability initiatives into all diversity and inclusion strategies and provide ongoing professional development for faculty and staff. The report features key recommendations to increase meaningful access for learners with disabilities, including:
- Infusing disability into all diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Designating and resourcing disability services providers who are knowledgeable about medical education
- Integrating best practices in disability and accessible and respectful language into curricula and pedagogy
- Taking a universal design approach to both physical space and learner activities and experiences
- Normalizing help-seeking behaviors and facilitating access to wellness services
- Providing ongoing professional development for faculty and staff
To download this publication as a .PDF , either click the download link above or click “add to cart” and complete the checkout process to obtain the download link.
This product is not presently available in alternative formats.
TERMS OF SALE
This publication was developed by the AAMC to advance medical education. It is provided to the medical community at no cost for that purpose.
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions for information about our policies and processes.
The AAMC respects your privacy. Please review our privacy statement, which governs our use of any information you provide to us.
If you have questions about the AAMC Store or your purchase, please contact the AAMC Store Customer Service Team. Representatives typically respond within two business days.
|Number of Pages||N/A|