Quality Improvement and Patient Safety Competencies Across the Learning Continuum
|Year Published: 2019|
- Quick Download (will not put the PDF into your My Downloadable Products folder)
- Quality Improvement and Patient Safety Competencies Across the Learning Continuum
These competencies present a roadmap for medical education curricular and professional development, performance assessment, and improvement of health care services and outcomes.
Designed for faculty, medical education curricula developers, residents, medical school administration, Designated Institutional Officials (DIOs), clinical leaders at teaching hospitals, and others interested in undergraduate, graduate, and continuing medical education.
OVERVIEW AND BENEFITS
There have been many advancements in medical education over the past 20 years, including how outcomes such as competencies are defined and used to guide teaching and learning. To support this positive change, the AAMC has launched the New and Emerging Areas in Medicine series.
This first report in the series focuses on quality improvement and patient safety (QIPS) competencies across the continuum of medical education. It presents a roadmap for curricular and professional development, performance assessment, and improvement of health care services and outcomes.
The competencies can help educators design and deliver curricula and help learners develop professionally. The competencies are for use in:
- Engaging diverse health care professionals in collaborative patient-safety-improvement discussions, including cross-continuum and cross-discipline colleagues.
- Conducting gap analyses of local curricula and training programs.
- Planning individual professional development.
- Developing curricular learning objectives.
- Developing assessment tools.
- Furthering research and scholarship in medical education and quality improvement.
- Guiding the strategic integration of QIPS into the curricula and the clinical learning environment.
To download this publication as a PDF, either click the download link above or click “add to cart” and complete the checkout process to obtain the download link.
This product can also be purchased as a print version on Amazon for a small fee.
TERMS OF SALE
This publication was developed by the AAMC to advance medical education. It is provided to the medical community at no cost for that purpose.
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions for information about our policies and processes.
The AAMC respects your privacy. Please review our privacy statement, which governs our use of any information you provide to us.
If you have questions about the AAMC Store or your purchase, please contact the AAMC Store. Representatives typically respond within two business days.
|ISBN: 978-1-57754-188-2||Number of Pages: 32||Year Published: 2019|