Review Criteria for Research Manuscripts
|Year Published: 2015|
- Quick Download (will not put the PDF into your My Downloadable Products folder)
- Review Criteria for Research Manuscripts
Peer review is a time-consuming and imperfect process but can result in a radically improved research report that ultimately has a substantial impact on thinking about difficult problems. These high-quality reviews are vital, both for ensuring the excellence of published scholarship and as a way to provide authors with important feedback to improve their scholarship. The importance of this publication cannot be overestimated.
Designed for medical education scholars.
OVERVIEW AND BENEFITS
Peer review is a time-consuming and imperfect process but can result in a radically improved research report that ultimately has a substantial impact on thinking about difficult problems. These high-quality reviews are vital, both to ensure the excellence of published scholarship and to provide authors with important feedback to improve their scholarship. As dissemination of scholarly work in medical education continues to evolve, review guidelines for different types of work are needed. This edition includes new chapters on reporting qualitative findings, reviewing literature reviews, and reviewing reports on innovations. It helps the reader:
- Familiarize our reviewers with the purposes of review, approaches to our best practices for reviewing, and criteria for superlative research
- Aid reviewers in organizing and communicating their recommendations effectively to Academic Medicine and other journals
- Provide reviewers with a greater understanding of the criteria used to evaluate their submissions
- Improve peer review and the quality of published research
To download this publication as a .PDF, either click the download link above or click “add to cart” and complete the checkout process to obtain the download link.
This product is not presently available in alternative formats.
TERMS OF SALE
This publication was developed by the AAMC to advance medical education. It is provided to the medical community at no cost for that purpose.
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions for information about our policies and processes.
The AAMC respects your privacy. Please review our privacy statement, which governs our use of any information you provide to us.
If you have questions about the AAMC Store or your purchase, please contact the AAMC Store Customer Service Team. Representatives typically respond within two business days.
|Edition: Second||Number of Pages: 94||Year Published: 2015|