The State of Women in Academic Medicine: the Pipeline and Pathways to Leadership 2013-2014
- Quick Download (will not put the PDF into your My Downloadable Products folder)
- The State of Women in Academic Medicine: the Pipeline and Pathways to Leadership 2013-2014
While academic medical centers are working toward increasing diversity among faculty and leadership positions, as well as the student population composite, this report reveals that women remain underrepresented in key career stages. This report highlights actionable strategies with the goal of helping academic medical centers turn data into action, advancing women at medical institutions.
The data and recommendations presented in this report are designed to equip those advocating for the advancement of women at their institutions with a baseline from which to examine their own organizational practices. This information is also intended to support further scholarship on the subject of women in academic medicine to address the pipeline and pathways to leadership.
Overview and Benefits
This biennial report on the WIMS Benchmarking Survey has been completely redesigned to enrich the understanding of the state of women in medicine by providing multiple AAMC data sources. It references scholars in academic medicine, and highlighting actionable strategies from the field with the goal of helping academic medical data into action to advance women at your institution.
- The actual proportion of women applying to medical schools has increased even though the number of women applying has risen.
- Women compose 38% of the full-time academic medicine workforce but only 21% are full professors and just 15% are department chairs.
- New hires of women faculty are up 4% but departures are up 5%.
- Online access to the complete benchmarking tables
- A new benchmarking tool that provides medical academic leaders an opportunity to present the overall findings of the report alongside comparisons between other nationwide facilities
- Key actionable items that address role expectations, workplace culture, advancement opportunities and more
- Comparison of medical school resources to support women faculty
- 10-year comparisons of women in faculty and leadership positions…and more
To download this publication as a PDF, either click the download link above or click “add to cart” and complete the checkout process.
This product is not presently available in alternative formats.
Terms of Sale
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions for information about our refund policy and other important information.
We accept Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®, and Discover®.
The AAMC respects your privacy. Please review our privacy statement, which governs our use of any information you provide to us.
If you have questions about the AAMC Store or your purchase, please contact the AAMC Store. Representatives typically respond within two business days.
|Number of Pages||18|