2017 State Physician Workforce Data Report
- Quick Download (will not put the PDF into your My Downloadable Products folder)
- 2017 State Physician Workforce Data Report
This comprehensive State Physician Workforce Data Report, published biannually, is the one resource to turn to in order to receive state-specific data about active physicians and physicians in training. A series of figures, tales, and maps provide detailed statistics on active physicians, MD and DO students, residents and fellows.
This report provides insights for program directors, medical school leadership, policymakers, and physicians.
OVERVIEW AND BENEFITS
The 2017 State Physician Workforce Data Book includes counts of active physicians, medical students, residents and fellows in ACGME programs, as well as physician specialty breakdowns, information about physicians in the state completed graduate medical education (GME), and the current practice location of trainees who completed GME in the state. Readers will discover:
- The states with the highest number of active physicians, patient care physicians, primary care physicians, and general surgeons
- Percentage of active physicians who are female, international medical graduates, or age 60 and over
- The states with the highest number of students enrolled in MD- or DO-granting institutions and the change of the number of students in these institutions over time
- The states with the largest number of residents and fellows
- The number of physicians in each state who completed undergraduate medical education and/or graduate medical education
- Summary data on key workforce measures over time (2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, and 2016)
In addition, readers can download state-specific summary data and state specialty breakdowns for each state, including information about where physicians in the state completed GME, and the current practice location of trainees who completed GME in the state.
To download this publication as a PDF, either click the download link above or click “add to cart” and complete the checkout process to obtain the download link.
This product is not presently available in alternative formats.
TERMS OF SALE
This publication was developed by the AAMC to advance medical education. It is provided to the medical community at no cost for that purpose.
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions for information about our policies and processes.
The AAMC respects your privacy. Please review our privacy statement, which governs our use of any information you provide to us.
If you have questions about the AAMC Store or your purchase, please contact the AAMC Store Customer Service Team. Representatives typically respond within two business days.
|Number of Pages||N/A|