Advancing the Academic Health System for the Future (PDF)
|Year Published: 2014|
Academic medical centers (AMCs) that will thrive in the dynamic and demanding health care environment must transform into academic health centers with a mission of both improving health and delivering health care. Increasingly, their concentration must be on decreasing the total cost of care, introducing innovative models of care, increasing integration across the care continuum, and right-sizing their mission to achieve strategic and fiscal sustainability. In doing so, they can prepare for a radically different future.
Lower pricing may be available for this product. Please sign in to get our best pricing.
Designed for leaders of AMCs who want to restructure operating models.
OVERVIEW AND BENEFITS
This landmark report in the AAMC’s Future of Academic Medicine Series focuses on the prototypes of emerging next-generation systems. It presents guidelines and leadership principles for creating sustainable models for the future. Developed by the AAMC Advisory Panel on Health Care, the report promotes useful discussion among leaders and inspires them to begin the challenging work of meaningful change. Readers will:
- Discover lessons and approaches shared by 13 organizations that have implemented academic health systems of care.
- Uncover the culture challenges to transforming an institution into a system of health care.
- Learn the five leadership principles that leaders and their teams must uphold.
- Gain insights into the characteristics of an evolved relationship between a growing and expanding clinical system and its parent university.
- Recognize the necessary components of full transparency that the academic health system of the future should have.
- View real examples of the leading approaches to measuring clinical results to establish a path to improvement.
Click “add to cart” to purchase this project as a PDF, which you can download immediately.
This product is not presently available in alternative formats.
TERMS OF SALE
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions for information about our refund policy and other important information.
We accept Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®, and Discover®.
The AAMC respects your privacy. Please review our privacy statement, which governs our use of any information you provide to us.
If you have questions about the AAMC Store or your purchase, please contact the AAMC Store. Representatives typically respond within two business days.
|Number of Pages: 60||Year Published: 2014|