Leading: Top Skills, Attributes, and Behaviors Critical for Success (eBook)
|Year Published: 2016|
Department chairs are the leadership “glue” that binds complex academic medical centers together. They need the competencies, skills, and approaches that will harness the intelligence, creativity and commitment of faculty, students, residents, and peers. Forward-thinking institutions are recognizing that success depends on building relationships based on shared value and purpose.
Lower pricing may be available for this product. Please sign in to get our best pricing.
Designed for current and prospective medical school department chairs, deans and associate deans, and others who work with chairs.
OVERVIEW AND BENEFITS
Department chairs are the leadership “glue” that binds together complex academic medical centers. They need the competencies, skills, and approaches that will harness the intelligence, creativity, and commitment of faculty, students, residents, and peers. Forward-thinking institutions recognize that success depends on building relationships based on shared value and purpose.
This completely updated and revised publication in the AAMC’s Successful Medical School Department Chair Series tackles leadership issues and outlines the competencies, skills, and approaches that medical school department chairs need to succeed. Readers will learn how to:
- Develop leadership competencies, execute your responsibilities, and temper your expectations in accordance with best practices
- Avoid the most common source of leadership failure in tackling adaptive challenges
- Discover the three critical characteristics of medical schools and academic health systems that you should embrace as a department chair
- Uncover examples of approaches that medical schools have adopted in defining roles and responsibilities of basic science and clinical department chairs
- Find out why the very notion of leadership must pivot away from leader-as-knower and leader-as-provider towards leader-as inquirer, leader-as-listener and leader-as-influencer
- Access more than 23 questions you should get answers to when you meet with the dean
- Learn the core characteristics of a successful department chair, get a self-assessment worksheet for incumbent chairs and much, much more
Click “add to cart” to purchase this project as an electronic file, which you can download immediately.
TERMS OF SALE
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions for information about our refund policy as well as other important policies and processes.
We accept Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®, and Discover®.
The AAMC respects your privacy. Please review our privacy statement, which governs our use of any information you provide to us.
If you have questions about the AAMC Store or your purchase, please contact the AAMC Store. Representatives typically respond within two business days.
|ISBN: 9781577541516||Number of Pages: 103||Year Published: 2016|