Designed for faculty, medical education curricula developers, residents,
medical school administration, Designated Institutional Officials (DIOs), clinical leaders at teaching hospitals, and others interested in undergraduate, graduate, and continuing medical education.
OVERVIEW AND BENEFITS
There have been many advancements in medical education over the past 20 years, including how outcomes such as competencies are defined and used to guide teaching and learning. To support this positive change, the AAMC
launched the New and Emerging Areas in Medicine series. This second report in the series focuses on competencies for telehealth -- the use of technology to deliver health care at a distance. The competencies provide a foundation of support to ensure medical schools and teaching hospitals are providing excellent training to physicians and other clinicians in all forms of telehealth. The competencies are for use in:
- Engaging diverse health care professionals in collaborative telehealth discussions, including cross-continuum and cross-discipline colleagues.
- Conducting gap analyses of local curricula and training programs.
- Planning individual professional development.
- Developing curricular learning objectives.
- Developing assessment tools.
- Furthering research and scholarship in medical education and telehealth.
- Guiding the strategic integration of telehealth into the curricula and the clinical learning environment.
To download this publication as a .PDF, either click the download link above or click “add to cart” and complete the checkout process to obtain the download link.
This product is not presently available in alternative formats.
TERMS OF SALE
This publication was developed by the AAMC to advance medical education. It is provided to the medical community at no cost for that purpose.
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions for information about our policies and processes.
The AAMC respects your privacy. Please review our privacy statement, which governs our use of any information you provide to us.
If you have questions about the AAMC Store or your purchase, please contact the AAMC Store Customer Service Team. Representatives typically respond within two business days.